Cypress College allows incoming students to benefit from using Multiple Measures. This means that Cypress College uses many different ways to help improve a student’s English, English as a Second Language (ESL) and math course placements. Multiple Measures can include:
- Assessment results from Cypress College and/or other California Community Colleges
- Required for all First-Time students
- High School Transcripts
- Advanced Placement Exam results
- California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP/EAP)
- SAT scores for SAT Reading & Writing or ACT scores for ACT English
Students should make sure to bring copies of their documents when meeting with a counselor to take advantage of Multiple Measures. For more information about scheduling appointments with a counselor to ask more about multiple measures, you can contact the Counseling Center at 714-484-7015 or on the Second Floor of the Student Center on campus.