Frequently Asked Questions

Home » Admissions & Records » Frequently Asked Questions

How do I start at Cypress College?

Completing the application for admission is your first step.

What happens next?

Take the assessment, go through orientation, and meet with a counselor.

Can I apply at Cypress College even though I’m still in high school?

Yes. You’ll need to fill out the regular application for admission and the Special Admit application. Enrollment fees are waived for high school students. (NOTE: If you are a high school senior and you will be graduating before the semester starts, you DO NOT need to complete the Special Admit application.)

How will I know when I can register for classes?

You will receive a specific date and time for registration by mail. At or after that time, you may log in to myGateway to register for your classes.

I took classes at Cypress (or Fullerton) College a while back, but haven’t attended for longer than a semester. Do I have to reapply?

Yes, if you have not taken classes for a semester or longer you will have to reapply.

How can I request my transcript?

You may request transcripts online even if you attended prior to their electronic availability, you have an attachment, and/or you want to send your transcript electronically.

I am veteran/spouse of a veteran. How do find out about Veteran’s affairs/benefits/priority registration?

Please inquire with the Veterans Resource Center .

I need a verification. Where can I get one?

Most verifications can be processed through the National Student Clearinghouse. If you need a letter of non-enrollment please contact (714) 484-7346, or email us at