Deadlines for Degrees & Certificates

September 25, 2020:

  • ADTs and AA/AS Degrees — Deadline to apply for fall 2020 graduation
  • Deadline to apply for fall 2020 vocational certificates

November 2, 2020:

  • First day to apply for spring 2021 Graduation
  • First day to apply for spring 2021 vocational certificates

When you believe you are ready to transfer, you may want to consider applying for CSU or IGETC certification. Certification is verification of the general education classes that you’ve taken, so that once you transfer, you won’t have to retake those classes. CSU and CSU IGETC certification are geared toward transferring to CSUs and UC IGETC certification is geared toward transferring to UCs.

Cypress College offers certificates, associate degrees, and one bachelor degree (in Funeral Services).

Graduation requirements for the associate degree are prescribed by the California Community Colleges Board of Governors and the NOCCCD Board of Trustees.

Submitting Your Completed Application

Students can email their completed graduation applications and copy of valid photo ID to their designated evaluator.  Student name, ID number and intended Degree Major and/or Certificate Title MUST be included in the body of email. Below is the evaluator distribution list based on the student’s last name on record.

Alphabet Section:Evaluator:Email:
A – CLinda
D – JBrett
K – MLy
N – RAmy
S – ZSelina
Health Science MajorsPatrick

Below is a Brief Summary of Your Educational Options

Option I – Transfer Majors

Transfer programs include course work in an academic area, general education requirements, and elective work for transfer to a four-year baccalaureate institution.

Transfer Application Form

Option II – Occupational

This degree is designed for students who desire an Associate in Arts or an Associate in Science with an occupational major.

Occupational Application Form

Option III – General Studies

The General Studies Degree is designed for individuals who desire an Associate in Arts or Associate in Science Degree with a broad general education background. Students must have catalog rights of 2007-2008 or prior for this option.

General Studies Application Form

Option IV – Certificate Programs

Are you interested in increased productivity or gaining specialized training? We offer certificates.

An associate degree may be earned upon satisfactory completion of all of the following:

  • English and math placement testing or equivalent.
  • One of the three associate degree options.
  • A minimum of 60 units of degree-eligible general education, major, and elective course work at one or more regionally accredited institutions.
  • A total of 12 units completed at Cypress College.

Your graduation application must be submitted to the Admissions & Records office.

Certificate Application Form

Option V – Bachelor of Science in Funeral Service

Students in the Bachelor of Science in Funeral Service program must complete a minimum of 120 units of coursework.

Bachelor’s Degree Application Form