Deadlines for Degrees & Certificates
October 31, 2022:
- First day to apply for spring 2023 graduation
- First day to apply for spring 2023 vocational certificates
February 17, 2023 (Closed):
- Deadline to apply for spring 2023 graduation
Monday, February 18, 2023, through Friday, March 10, 2023, at 5 p.m.
- Petition for Exception – Degree/Certificate Deadlines
- Students who missed the deadline to submit an application for a degree or a certificate who would like to be considered for spring 2023 graduation/completion
- Please note that request for AD-T Degrees will not be approved in time to meet the March 15, 2023 CSU E-verify deadline
- Please contact the Cypress College Transfer Center for assistance with submitting CSU E-verify after the deadline at email@example.com or (714) 484-7129
- Petition for Exception-Degree/Certificate Deadlines
When you believe you are ready to transfer, you may want to consider applying for CSU or IGETC certification. Certification is verification of the general education classes that you’ve taken, so that once you transfer, you won’t have to retake those classes. CSU and CSU IGETC certification are geared toward transferring to CSUs and UC IGETC certification is geared toward transferring to UCs.
Cypress College offers certificates, associate degrees, and one bachelor degree (in Funeral Services).
Graduation requirements for the associate degree are prescribed by the California Community Colleges Board of Governors and the NOCCCD Board of Trustees.
- Please carefully review the college catalog for complete information on graduation and educational options.
- Students are encouraged to meet with a counselor to help identify educational objectives and develop an educational plan.
- Visit the Transfer Center for detailed information on all degrees/certificates, CSU Checksheets, IGETC Checksheets and General Education Plans.
Submitting Your Completed Application
Applications for degrees and certificates must be submitted online via the following electronic forms:
|Certificate of Achievement||Certificate of Achievement Application|
|CSU GE Breadth and IGETC Application||CSU GE Breadth and IGETC Application|
|Graduation App – ADT||Graduation Application-ADT|
|Graduation App – Bachelors||Graduation Application-Bachelors Degree|
|Graduation App – Emphasis||Graduation Application-Emphasis Degree|
|Graduation App – Occupational||Graduation Application-Occupational Degree|
|Exception Petition – Deadlines||Petition for Exception – Degree/Certificate Deadlines Available to apply: Monday, February 18, 2023, through Friday, March 10, 2023, at 5 p.m.|
Please note that students must use their myGateway credentials to access the forms above.
Below is a Brief Summary of Your Educational Options
Option I – Transfer Majors
Transfer programs include course work in an academic area, general education requirements, and elective work for transfer to a four-year baccalaureate institution.
Option II – Occupational
This degree is designed for students who desire an Associate in Arts or an Associate in Science with an occupational major.
Option III – Emphasis Degree
The Emphasis Degree is designed for individuals who desire an Associate in Arts or Associate in Science Degree with a broad general education background.
Option IV – Certificate Programs
Are you interested in increased productivity or gaining specialized training? We offer certificates.
Option V – Bachelor of Science in Funeral Service
Students in the Bachelor of Science in Funeral Service program must complete a minimum of 120 units of coursework.