Distance Education Training
Online Teacher Training
For information on upcoming training, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Distance Education Equivalency
Not available at this time – please contact the Distance Ed Office.
Faculty seeking equivalency approval in lieu of completing the Cypress College Distance Education Online Teacher training must meet the minimum requirements and follow the outline evaluation procedures to teach online and hybrid courses.
To be considered for the equivalency evaluation, you must meet the following requirements:
- Three years currently teaching online/hybrid courses using Canvas or completed training equivalent to Cypress College’s training (i.e. @ONE Online Teaching Certificate) proof must be submitted
- Have a firm grasp of 508 accessibility requirements, and
- Demonstrate your online/hybrid teaching ability as set forth below
You will be required to participate in a face-to-face presentation with the Distance Education Evaluation Team, which will include your dean and department coordinator, online faculty, DE Dean and DE Coordinator. The evaluation normally takes about 30 minutes. During the evaluation, you will be required to perform the following four tasks:
- Deliver a presentation that demonstrates your mastery of the Canvas environment
- Demonstrate proficiency in navigating in Canvas by performing specific tasks that are dictated orally.
- Provide a walk-through by logging into your Canvas online course site that you have previously taught.
- Demonstrate your understanding of accessibility requirements and create compliant Word, PDF and PowerPoint documents.
For more information, please contact the Distance Education Office at (714) 484-7052.