Enhance educational excellence by securing resources and promoting public awareness of Cypress College.
Many opportunities exist to assist the students of Cypress College by making a special gift to particular disciplines, departments, divisions, or any of the other myriad college programs. Contact the Cypress College Foundation for more details.
There are various naming opportunities available to acknowledge other significant contributions. One’s name may be attached to a facility, a program, or a scholarship award.
The Americana Awards is Cypress College’s signature event, attracting 500 – 700 guests. Past Americana recipients include: Carl Karcher, Marion Knott, Gene Autry, Tommy Lasorda, Trevor Hoffman, and Sheriff Sandra Hutchens. Sponsorship levels include: Title Sponsorship at $25,000, Platinum at $20,000, Patriot at $10,000, Founder at $5,000, Benefactor at $3,000, and Patron at $2,000. Other sponsorship opportunities ranging from $1,000 – $10,000 are available as part of the Cypress College Golf Classic, held at SeaCliff Country Club. Sponsors are well-publicized, acknowledged prominently and featured in college and event literature. Donors may also sponsor or endow a student scholarship.
Where the Money Goes
The Cypress College Foundation provides financial support for:
- Student Scholarships/Emergency Assistance/Book Grants & Loans: $350,000 per year
- Faculty Grants: Over 200 faculty awards and mini-grants have been made by the Foundation
- Special Programs: Basic Skills Initiative, STEM Grants, Library Textbook Collection
- Facility Projects: Mortuary Science, Photo Gallery, Theater Lobby
- Endowment: Endowment funds have grown to $3 million
Where the Money Comes From
The Cypress College Foundation funds its support of the college from:
- Special Events: Americana Awards and Golf Classic
- Annual Support: President’s Circle, Pull for Cypress, Spring for Cypress
- Special Gifts: Includes naming opportunities and scholarships
- Planned Gifts: Includes bequests, annuities, trusts, and related programs
- Legacy Society Membership Available
- Grants: Private foundations and corporations
- Direct Mail: Scholarship and other solicitations
- Investment Earnings: $2.8 million currently invested
The Foundation manages the college’s relationship with business, government, community organizations, and with the community in general.